Kitchen to Kitchen

From Kitchen to Kitchen:
Sharing recipes, pictures and thoughts with our extended family

Friday, February 18, 2011

Aggression Cookies

GG got this recipe from a friend- they were served to us when we visited one day. (and since I love oatmeal cookies I had my mom get the recipe-LS)

Ingredients:
3 c brown sugar, packed
3 c margarine
6 c uncooked oatmeal
1 tsp soda
3 c flour

Directions:
  • with clean hands, mash, knead and squeeze all ingredients until well mixed and a firm dough
  • form into small balls
  • place on ungreased cookie sheets
  • dip the bottom of a small water glass into granulated sugar and flatten each ball
  • bake at 350 degrees for 10 - 12 minutes
Anytime there was an opportunity for boys to cook - this was my recipe of choice. I let Birke's cub pack make them and also Kirt's scouts. Boys love to get their hands all messy with cookie dough. When having the boys make the cookies we make a slight adjustment- instead of making lots of little balls I have them form the cookie dough into 3 long tubes, we wrap them in waxed paper and pop them into the freezer for slice and bake cookies later. When we want to get really exotic I have them add chocolate chips, or raisins, or both.

No comments:

Post a Comment